Computer freezes while gaming

Oct 16, 2018
Hello.

My desktop computer has been freezing and needing a manual restart in these last few months only while gaming, it sometimes lets me close the game via keyboard commands as it only freezes the game and not the os but mostly it freezes the entire computer and needs a manual restart. A new psu has been put in with 100w higher to see if my computer is not getting power and it did not help, either with a new hard drive or fresh reinstallation of os and total recoverery did not help either. This has happened on a load of games not specific to one. I should also mention that 1of the games it has started happening on was not affected before but is now for some reason.

My Specs:

Gpu: Gtx780
Motherboard: Asus Prime B350 Plus
Cpu: Amd ryzen 5 1600 6 core
Memory: 8192MB RAM
PSU: 800w
2 Hard drives (OS on SSD and 4.5tb drive for other stuff)
4 fans (including cpu fan)

Any Help would be amazing as ive had this problem for months and is starting to become trouble to fix. Thank you to anyone who tries to help!

Oct 16, 2018

Surely the psu is not the problem? the computer was working for a good while on the same games with a lower powered psu for a long time, only reason I changed to this one was to see if the computer needed extra power... I should also mention that the problems started happening around the time my ssd drive was put in. Assuming the drive could've needed more power I replaced the psu with the current one.

Oct 16, 2018

Hi,
ran windows mem test, no errors found. unfortunately cant find the make of the psu without taking it out of the machine.