[SOLVED] Computer freezes while streaming

Nov 16, 2020
Hey all,

When I go to stream any game, my computer every 30 seconds or so completely freezes and I lose all control of my mouse/keyboard.

Here is an example clip of what happens.
View: https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousComfortableFiddleheadsCoolCat

It is not a frame or network issue, this is primarily an issue that happens while I am streaming. My GPU temp is 67 degrees celsius, so I do not think that my computer is overheating, so I'm really baffled about what the issue is. Please let me know any ideas you have, I'm pretty desperate.

Here are my specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x 3.7 GHz 8 core processor
Videocard: EVGA Geforce RTX 2060 Super
16 GB Ram

Solution
Try disabling nvidia overlay in games and see if that helps. Make sure you have up to date BIOS and AMD chipset drivers. If that doesn't work try turning off "Game Mode" in the windows settings; sometimes it can cause issues. Look to see if your power settings are on high performance mode. Do a search for any malware or possible random software downloaded on your pc. Try malware bytes and go through your installed programs as well to make sure nothing strange is running in the background. Sometimes system freezes can come from windows not being up to date as well so I would check those. If that doesn't work trying running command prompt as admin and type sfc /scannow

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
What encoder are you currently using? Your CPU is entry level so I suggest using HARDWARE NVENC encoder in OBS.

It should look the same as veryfast cpu preset with minimal performance loss.

Although your CPU is an 8 core, make sure to cap the game's frames because when its not, its going to utilize your entire CPU, hogging usage away from OBS and vice versa.

Nov 9, 2020
Try disabling nvidia overlay in games and see if that helps. Make sure you have up to date BIOS and AMD chipset drivers. If that doesn't work try turning off "Game Mode" in the windows settings; sometimes it can cause issues. Look to see if your power settings are on high performance mode. Do a search for any malware or possible random software downloaded on your pc. Try malware bytes and go through your installed programs as well to make sure nothing strange is running in the background. Sometimes system freezes can come from windows not being up to date as well so I would check those. If that doesn't work trying running command prompt as admin and type sfc /scannow

Solution
Nov 16, 2020
What encoder are you currently using? Your CPU is entry level so I suggest using HARDWARE NVENC encoder in OBS.

It should look the same as veryfast cpu preset with minimal performance loss.

Although your CPU is an 8 core, make sure to cap the game's frames because when its not, its going to utilize your entire CPU, hogging usage away from OBS and vice versa.
I'm currently using all those encoder settings, I should also mention that it happens about an hour into streaming, so maybe something is getting clogged up?