Computer freezes with audio loop

randika171

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Hi guys this is a new issue to me. I have a old 1st gen core i3 PC with a R9 270X. I played games and did all my work until last month the Pc started to freeze randomly with no error. The audio loops and it doesn't crash or anything just stuck forever until a hard reset. I've noticed sometimes after the hard reset my GPU automatically disables like cause i have to switch to the DVI port of the mobo. But once i remove the GPU and re seat it again and install the drivers it works fine for a while. I don't know what to do here and can't seem to point out which part is failing. please help me out

petek480

Reputable
May 6, 2015
Try doing a clean install of your gpu drivers(installing the newest one), use this program first to completely remove all driver files related to your gpu:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Also make sure your gpu temp isn't getting too high when playing games. You could also try checking your event logs to see if something is being logged, but from my experience with issues like that windows doesn't log any thing other then a log about unexpectedly rebooting when you do the hard reboot, but you never know, might get lucky.

randika171

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

I did this 3 times. Still no hope. Also the gpu is fine under high stress it's temperatures are quite normal