Computer freezes with loud buzzing sound from speakers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiao101207

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2011
Hello fellow members of Tom's Hardware!

Sorry if this is it the wrong section, but I have read so many other posts about this problem, but none have solved my problem. When I play games like BFBC2, Batlefield Play4Free, even FSX, my computer just freezes with no BSOD, no error messages, just the last frame on the screen with a very loud, annoying buzzing sound. It's getting very annoying and happens very commonly, but only in game. I have ran memtest86+, no errors on that, purchased better cooling for my CPU, new graphics card, nothing works! :fou: Anyone have answers to why its happening? Anything appreciated! :D I'm getting desperate............

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 870 @ 3.2 GHz
GFX: HIS Radon HD 6870
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
RAM: 2x Corsair XMS 3 8GB DDR3, 2x OCZ Gold 4GB DDR3
SSD: 64GB AData Microcenter Rebranded
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W
Cooling: Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler

Solution
That's all I have I am afraid. You may want to consider buying a second hand board that is compatible with your processor. It doesn't really matter what brand. Even a very basic board will do. Then you can run a test set up to see if your various components behave with the second board. If they all go well then you can put the issue down to Motherboard problems. I am as a certain as I can be that it is the board but of course I cant confirm that 100 %

Wamphryi

Distinguished
That's all I have I am afraid. You may want to consider buying a second hand board that is compatible with your processor. It doesn't really matter what brand. Even a very basic board will do. Then you can run a test set up to see if your various components behave with the second board. If they all go well then you can put the issue down to Motherboard problems. I am as a certain as I can be that it is the board but of course I cant confirm that 100 %

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.