• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Computer Freezes

May 7, 2020
Hi, been searching on the net for awhile and couldn't find answers. My laptop started acting up a few days ago, I am able to boot up the laptop perfectly fine, shortly after 10 minutes, the screen will freeze (audio still playing in the background tho). After awhile the BSOD will appear with error code DPC Watchdog Violation/DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (nvlddmkm.sys)

What I did: I did a system reset, reinstalled the drivers, it got slightly better, but it was still the same problem. The computer works fine once I boot it in safe mode, and disabled the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M driver in my device manager. The laptop works fine after that. Could it be a hardware issue with my graphic card, or it is a software problem with the driver?

Here are my laptop specs !!
CPU: Processor. Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ
Graphic: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX850M with 2GB DDR3
RAM: DDR3L 1600 MHz SDRAM, 8 GB

thanks in advance for the help ! very much appreciated !!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS