Computer Freezing and Audio Looping From Low Hard Drive Space? Internet Problem? Please Help!

lilant702

Reputable
Jul 27, 2014
I had computer problems in that my computer would freeze and my audio would loop very very fast, no matter what I was doing. I "got it fixed" but it still wasn't working after I installed my games again. I got it fixed by having the computer restored to factory settings. So I deleted ALOT of space and it hasn't froze once for about a month or two. I have 1tb of storage, a gtx 660, and a 550w power supply. My theory is that my power supply can barely handle what is in my computer, so the more space I put in my storage, the more power has to go into the power supply. Could that be a possibility?

My computer was pre-built so I do not know the exact parts. Most of them were made just for that PC.

Processor
Intel Core i7-3770 3.40GHz

64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Memory
8GB DDR3 1333

Hard Drive
1TB 7200RPM

Optical Drive
24X DVD-RW

Graphics (BEFORE UPGRADED)
nVidia GT520 1GB DDR3

Graphics (AFTER UPGRADED)
EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB GDDR5

Power Supply (BEFORE UPGRADED)
300W

Power Supply (AFTER UPGRADED)
OCZ Fatal1ty 550W Gaming Power Supply

Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Chipset
Intel H61

UPDATE: I installed a bunch of games to get my computer passed 500GB left on hard drive space (Which is usually when it began freezing), and the day after, it froze. It did not do the audio loop/stutter but that was because there was no audio at the time, and right before it, my internet started lagging and I was about to disconnect from the game I was playing. Any ideas as to what it could be? I know someone that could help fix it, but I want to know from you guys. It could be a simple fix. Please help. Thanks.