Computer freezing and makes insert noise

Oct 7, 2018
Hello, My computer for about 4-5 months now has been doing this thing where it will be working perfectly fine with no problems and then I will open up a program (no specific programs) and my whole screen will freeze and the audio will cut out. A couple seconds later the audio from everything that I had open will still play, for example if I’m watching a video or in discord and it freezes the audio will still come through. When the audio comes back on, along with everything else the computer makes the Windows 10 usb insert noise but stays frozen and requires a hard restart. I have been trying to fix it since it’s been happening but nothing seems to work, driver installations, virus scans, bios reveiws, etc. and everything looks fine. Also after it freezes I have to unplug my computer and monitor or else the monitor won’t turn on when the computer turns on by the keyboard and mouse do, really frusturating.I suspect it maybe to be my graphics card failing or something like that. If anyone has this problem and knows a fix please let me know.

Specs

Nvidia Gforce GTX 960

Ballistix Sport 8gbs ram

Intel i5 4460

(Cant remember the motherboard)

600w Bronze Evga power supply

1tb seagate hardrive

Oct 7, 2018

Thanks for your reply, I did all of those things although I am no the best with stuff that technical, nothing stood out that seemed out of the ordinary. Temperatures looked fine and voltages seemed fine as well coming in. Ill post a screen shot so you can see for yourself if you want to.

https://imgur.com/a/NLpfcAH