Question Computer Freezing and Restarting, I've Done Everything

HamCity

Commendable
Jul 5, 2020
I recently built a new computer to replace my old one and it has been freezing, then going black, then restarting, all completely randomly. It could be minutes after booting or hours into gaming. Before restarting I can still hear audio from whatever I am doing, up until the screen goes black.
Here are the specs of my new build:

• i9 9900KF, Noctua NH U9S
  • GIGABYTE RTX 2070
  • GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO
  • 32GB TridentZ 3600MHz DDR4
  • 1TB & 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 NVME
  • EVGA 750 Gold PSU
  • Windows 10
The only thing that transferred over from my old PC is the power supply, though it is only about a year and a half old so I wouldn't think it would be the problem. I remember the new PC crashing a few days after building, if not the same day, though I did not think much of it. The crashing is not exclusive either. It has happened in low-intensity games like Minecraft and Roblox, high intensity games like Halo MCC and HL-Alyx, and even just browsing Google Chrome the other day.
Things I've tried to fix it:
  • New hard drives (the M.2s replaced my old mechanical HDD after finishing the build).
  • Different GPU
  • Moving ram to new slots
  • New power strip to plug PC into
  • Forcing it to happen with Cinebench R20 and Unigine Heaven (did not work)
  • MicroCenter Diagnostics, where they fixed my CPU wiring and said it passed all their diagnostics
  • Windows updates/repairs
My last option is to either replace the PSU or do a fresh install of windows, but if anyone has a suggestion to try before that I am all ears. I like to think of myself as fairly technical but I am completely stumped here.

Old build in case it's any help (maybe driver issues?)
  • MSI Z97 GAMING 5
  • i7 4790k
  • MSI GTX 970
  • 16GB HyperX 1886MHz
  • Some trashy 2TB mechanical HDD

Last edited:

HamCity

Commendable
Jul 5, 2020
One core hit 87 in Cinebench, lowest was 81
After looking at windows event viewer (didn't think of this first) it crashes consistently 3 seconds after my HEADPHONE DRIVER has a critical failure. I got Kraken Ultimates right around the time I got my new computer so that adds up. Will update.