[SOLVED] Computer freezing and shutting down after installing a new graphics card

Amdregaz

Honorable
Jul 12, 2017
Hi guys
I just changed my Gpu from a Gtx960 to an Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB (using the quiet profile Vbios) and my PC seems to be freezing randomly on the desktop, I haven't tried to see if it's freezing in games (Hwinfo64 was open when this happened, the first time when it happened I opened Hwinfo64 and it froze while it was reading the sensors)
I was having youtube in the background playing videos as well.
The Rx580 is a used one, are there any stability tests to check if the Gpu is faulty?
When I uninstalled the drivers I uninstalled them with DDU (the replace card option)
I haven't reinstalled Windows after installing the new graphics card.
My specs:
Asus X470 Prime pro
Amd Ryzen 2600x
16Gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance CL16 3000Mhz
PSU Enermax 750W XT II Gold
Latest Graphics card drivers installed
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BJrv59g-3Z-upabe7LTkCLNxGrJEBlB5?usp=sharing
I've posted the link on google drive with the events found in event viewer, let me know if you can download them.
Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
A free GPU stress software is unigine, they have a software called heaven or the latest, superposition. You can stress test or fps benchmark your card. I would also recommend you boot up in safe mode, no networking on, and fully remove the old nvidia drivers.
A free GPU stress software is unigine, they have a software called heaven or the latest, superposition. You can stress test or fps benchmark your card. I would also recommend you boot up in safe mode, no networking on, and fully remove the old nvidia drivers.

Solution

Amdregaz

Honorable
Jul 12, 2017
I think the drivers had an issue, I uninstalled them using DDU in Safe Mode, deleted anything related to AMD and stopped Windows from installing drivers automatically.
I'm now running the latest WHQL driver, so not the most recent one.