Question Computer freezing and sound stuttering issue

evanpoliquin

Reputable
May 21, 2016
My computer's started to have this problem where about every ten minutes it'll freeze, the sound will stutter, and the screen will go black/restart. After about fifteen seconds the computer returns to normal, only to repeat this process after a few more minutes.

I ran a memtest and the results came back with no errors. I also considered it could be something with the GPU, as this usually tends to happen when I'm switching between video tabs. I'll get strange artifacting on the video before my PC goes into full spaz mode. My graphics drivers are fully updated.

Recently, I was trying to install an NVME SSD and the screw driver slipped and tapped the top of my graphics card, near the PCI connector, but there's no visible damage, as it wasn't that hard. It happened right after that, so I took out the SSD but the computer kept having this problem.

I'm not really sure what it could be?

Here's a couple pictures from my event viewer after it happens.
View: https://imgur.com/a/rrod7yz#7RYtGTR

Artifacts could be a sign of a faulty GPU. Have you tried doing a CLEAN install of the Nvidia drivers as well ? Which GPU model is it ? You have not mentioned any specs of your computer, so it's kind of hard to jump to any conclusion, without knowing full details.

Anyways, kindly provide PC specs. Provide as much info as possible.

-1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information:

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

motherboardy

Prominent
Apr 26, 2019
Check if there are any crazy fluctuations at the CPU usage. After that try uninstalling your antivirus. Antivirus caused me a lot of problems in the past and i'm just using the windows defender now because it's more lightweight