Question Computer freezing at random and in BIOS. Thread seemed to be deleted, sorry.

OnlyMurmers

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012
Windows 10 Home
B150M-A/M.2
Intel i5 6400
Corsair CX 600
GeIL EVO POTENZA 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 2133 (PC4 17000)
GTX 1050 ti 4GB
TP LINK TL-WN821N

Thread got deleted, or im blind and cant see it sorry if theres a duplicate out there.

First time turning on the computer during the day it'll freeze after 2.5 hours of work then i would have to hold the power button for 10 seconds to it turn off. Once i turn it back on again it'll freeze in the BIOS and ill have to hold the power button for 10 seconds and repeat the process two or three times just to load into the desktop and freeze after 15 minutes. I ran a Windows 10 Memory Diagnostic test and that came out fine. I took it to my local computer shop and they said it was a hard drive failure so they switched out the hard drive for me and they claimed to have left the PC running over the weekend and it didn't freeze, just to bring it home and after 2 hours it froze. I unplugged the video card to use the onboard graphics and it still froze after 10 minutes. In my previous thread i mentioned that i was running the PC on without a wireless adapter to see if its a network issue and it did freeze after half hour. Im getting annoyed cause i cant get any work done and im seconds away from just tossing this to the garbage. I get no beeps to tell me if there are any errors regarding hardware so i have no idea what the issue could be. My last resort is RAM but i dont have a spare RAM to test it, but the memory diagnostic came out without issues.

OnlyMurmers

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012
Have you looked in Device Manager for any yellow warning signs?
Have you updated your motherboard to the latest Drivers?
Have you updated your motherboard to the latest BIOS release?

Updated bios and used the cd that the mobo came with. No errors on device manager. Now I'm not getting any sound the computer froze and now I'm not getting display.

Updated bios and used the cd that the mobo came with. No errors on device manager. Now I'm not getting any sound the computer froze and now I'm not getting display.
Do not use the CD that came with your motherboard, it will be out of date. Use the Asus website to find the latest drivers.
For sound go to "Control Panel > Sound > Playback" and select your Speakers as default playback device.

OnlyMurmers

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012
Do not use the CD that came with your motherboard, it will be out of date. Use the Asus website to find the latest drivers.
For sound go to "Control Panel > Sound > Playback" and select your Speakers as default playback device.

Brought the pc back to my house and it
Still froze. No beeps either

Okay everything is up to date. BIOS, ipgu, GPU, windows update and it didnt freeze. I'm using the same wireless adapter but I'm on a different internet connection. It's only been on for about an hour will give an update. Originally I thought it was a ram issue, but could the issue be my wireless connection?

OnlyMurmers

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2012
It hasnt froze at my place
check cpu temp?
malware scan the system?
hdd health test?

CPU temp on idle is 22-26
Did the windows scan check thingy and malwarebytes. I also have Ccleaner and F-Secure for anti virus. HDD was just changed from my local pc store, so it's fine now. It seems to freeze on a different internet connection for whatever reason.

TRENDING THREADS