Question Computer freezing for a few seconds and speakers buzz

xWin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2014
Hi there,

I recently bought a prebuilt system from Cyberpower and everything seems to be running great besides every 30 minutes to an hour my system will seize up and my speakers will buzz for about 3-5 seconds. The odd thing is this only seems to happen when I am browsing the internet or watching videos on youtube, twitch, etc. If I am playing games for hours on end I do not seem to run into this issue, at least yet.

I have had the system for about a couple months and it has not gotten worst so far. It does not seem to be a huge problem, just rather annoying but I would like to figure out what the issue is so it doesn't get worst and I can use my warranty before modifying this system. Any help would be appreciated.

Things I have tried:
  • Cleaning system files
  • De fragging all drives
  • Checking for latest updates on graphics card and windows
  • Running checks on drive errors
  • Setting system to maximum performance mode
  • Turned PCI express link state power management to off
  • Did a full virus scan

PC Specs:
  • i5 9400F @ 2.9Ghz
  • GTX 1660 Super
  • 8GB DDR4 Single channel
  • Windows 10 Home
  • 240GB SSD with windows installed
  • 1TB HDD for other storage

Link to exact system: https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC...07VGJDKZ4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

xWin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2014
what the model of the psu? might want to replace it with a good psu
Is there a way to check from windows or the bios? Everything inside is all cable tied perfectly. I do not have much experience with building systems or modifying them unfortunately. I tried opening both side panels hoping I could find the label of the PSU to get the model number but its all snug and buried in there. I would have to disconnect some stuff which I don't feel comfortable with.

xWin

Honorable
Oct 18, 2014
what the model of the psu? might want to replace it with a good psu
I actually found the PSU model in my cyberpower quickstart guide. It is a Apevia 600w Gold 80+ PSU. Just another question though if the power supply was having issues wouldn't it also affect playing games?

Sep 29, 2021
Have the exact same issue. Bought my CyberpowerPC many years ago and this is the only issue. Like yours it will freeze up listening to music or watching Youtube.
But as you said - can play games and it does not freeze up. Mine stays frozen and I have to reset. The speaker buzzing is super annoying when its up loud. Sometimes it will start to do this and it will quit after a few seconds but usually stays frozen. Wish I knew what it was.

TRENDING THREADS