computer freezing hard when gaming

amdguy122123

Honorable
Mar 18, 2015
My computer will be fine during normal things like facebook, youtube, etc. However when I get into a game like League of Legends or Rust. the computer runs fine for a while then it freezes, However it doesn't blue screen or shut down. I have to manually force a shutdown (holding power button down) in order to get it to turn off.
My system consists of
CPU: AMD FX 9590 Vishera 8 Core Black edition
RAM: 16 GB CORSAIR Vengance
Cooler: LEPA Aquachanger 240
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 1050
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Power supply: Rosewill 80plus gold 700W
Case (only including because i suspect its a heating issue): DIYPC Gamemax-BK-RGB
and finally i have checked all my drivers and i tried to do a benchmark. however the PC freezes when i hit a physics part of the CPU benchmark test no matter what the temp is. i can do any more researd upon request however i need to find a solution; i don't want to overheat the PC too much

Solution
Figured out the issue. i needed to set up more bios settings; setting the memory timer to T2 seemed to fix the issue however at the same time i did mess with several other settings during the same change cycle that fixed it.

amdguy122123

Honorable
Mar 18, 2015
Figured out the issue. i needed to set up more bios settings; setting the memory timer to T2 seemed to fix the issue however at the same time i did mess with several other settings during the same change cycle that fixed it.

Solution