Computer freezing mid game or dropping frames randomly but working normal other times...why?

Oct 19, 2018
My Setup: AMD Phenom II X4 840, 8.0 GB DDR3 Ripjaws, Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P, AMD Radeon 6700 Series, Diablotek EL Series 500w, Kingston 120gb SSD

The two games that I play are League of Legends and Fortnite. My computer has been acting up and has been freezing mid game on League of Legends as well as Fortnite. Also, it will drop frames on fortnite. My setting for fornite are 720p with everything on low or off with distance medium. I was getting 60fps but now it is only getting 30fps. I am not sure what I need to do to at least get my setup to play these games at a decent fps but at the very least not have it continually freezing and needing a hard reboot. Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated. If you need more specific information, please ask.

Oct 19, 2018

I have this power supply on hand right now https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MnR48d/antec-power-supply-vp450
Would this be better for the time being until I am able to buy the one you suggested?