Computer Freezing, No Explanation

Tarrent

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Hey, any help would be appreciated. Myself and and buddy have been working for a while now trying to build a PC and have ran into a very strange issue. And random times, with no correlation that we can tell. The entire computer freezes, and becomes unresponsive.
We are not sure what is causing this, and have done many things go try try and find the issue. So far we have tested two different graphics cards, got the same freeze on both cards, done full ram diagnostics and GPU testing. Today we swapped the motherboard with a brand new replacement from new egg. And halfway through a graphics test got the same freeze. We have narrowed down the the issue to either a CPU problem, or an SSD/hard drive problem. But, we don't see how either hardware can be causing issues like this. If anyone has any ideas before I sink more money into replacements I would appreciate it.

Computer specs:
Mobo: ASUS crosshair formula z
CPU: AMD FX-9590 Eight-core
GPU: MSI Nvidia GEFORCE 980 TI
32 gb ram

Windows 7 is currently running on a SanDisk Ultra 2 240gb SATA 3 ssd, it was running Windows 10 previously, with freezes on both.
There is a 2 terabyte hard drive which holds all other files, I forget brand

The power supply is a Thermaltake tough power grand 1059W

Again, any help would be appreciated. We are thinking CPU is next to change.

Solution
Hey this reply is to help anyone else who has the same issue,

I ended up finding someone with a situation that was much like mine, here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3163218/computer-freezing-installing-amd-9590.html

I followed did what they did to fix it. I downloaded AMD OverDrive, and used that to turn of my CPU's turbo, as well lower its multiplier by a point or two. Sense doing this I have had no issues. I have done much testing today without a single freeze.

Tarrent

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
I just want to add something, I stated it was durring g a graphics test that we got the freeze. That was jsut the first time sense trying again today. After that one we have gotten multiple more just on the desktop or searching through Internet for answers.

Tarrent

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Hey this reply is to help anyone else who has the same issue,

I ended up finding someone with a situation that was much like mine, here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3163218/computer-freezing-installing-amd-9590.html

I followed did what they did to fix it. I downloaded AMD OverDrive, and used that to turn of my CPU's turbo, as well lower its multiplier by a point or two. Sense doing this I have had no issues. I have done much testing today without a single freeze.

Solution