Question Computer freezing, no idea why...

Shirzen

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2015
New build keeps crashing... some days I can go all day, some days it crashes 4 or 5 times in 30 minutes. It doesn't seem to be based on the game I play. Sometimes it crashes while idle, sometimes it crashes in the mid of a LoL match.

I've already reinstalled Windows 11 and checked all my drivers. I'm scouring the Event Viewer but nothing pops out as an issue. I get a Critical log entry Event 41, Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

That matches up with when I hard shutdown with the power button when I notice the computer has crashed. I've been wrestling with this machine for nearly two weeks and I'm at my wits end. I need help because something is the matter that I don't know how to troubleshoot.

Specs:

Asus ROG Strix Z690-I
i9-12900K (currently not overclocked because I was troubleshooting)
EVGA 3080 Ti Hydrocopper
Samsung 980 Pro 2tb
Kingston Fury DDR5 32gb
Custom loop, mostly EKWB parts
Cooler Master NR200P

New build keeps crashing... some days I can go all day, some days it crashes 4 or 5 times in 30 minutes. It doesn't seem to be based on the game I play. Sometimes it crashes while idle, sometimes it crashes in the mid of a LoL match.

I've already reinstalled Windows 11 and checked all my drivers. I'm scouring the Event Viewer but nothing pops out as an issue. I get a Critical log entry Event 41, Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

That matches up with when I hard shutdown with the power button when I notice the computer has crashed. I've been wrestling with this machine for nearly two weeks and I'm at my wits end. I need help because something is the matter that I don't know how to troubleshoot.

Specs:

Asus ROG Strix Z690-I
i9-12900K (currently not overclocked because I was troubleshooting)
EVGA 3080 Ti Hydrocopper
Samsung 980 Pro 2tb
Kingston Fury DDR5 32gb
Custom loop, mostly EKWB parts
Cooler Master NR200P
Remove the gpu and test with the igp.
Any diff?