Question Computer FREEZING randomly!!! HELP

Apr 4, 2019
I've had my computer for about 2 years now. I have not replaced anything, except added a new hard drive to system. I did not replace it! League of Legends is a big game it randomly fully freezes on, I have to manually turn off the computer/on. I turned off the automatically restart option in the settings, otherwise it would auto restart instead of freezing... I really need help, im getting pissed becuase my computer is killing me!!!
View: https://imgur.com/a/NnzccJd
<<<

Specs-
windows 10
GTX 1060 6GB
CPU i5 4460
power supply is an evga 600 WATT silv
Ram 2x8gb Hyper X Fury
MB- Asus ASUS Z97-E LGA 1150 Intel Z97

SSD- kingston 128 Gig
1 seagate 2TB
1 Western digital 1TB

Other details---
All components are not over cloaked or messed with. The cpu is watercooled. DRIVERS are set at the latest. Is it possibly my windows? i dont think its one of my components?

Last edited:

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
First Of All I Need You To Do This :

Download This Program : CrystalDiskInfo
And Install Then Run it and Give me The Results So I Can Check if Your Drive is Crashed or some

IF your drive got an error, you will have Caution like in Picture

ui6xdvy.jpg

1. Check Cables Unplug and Plug everything inside your PC , if there is DUST clean it
  2. If You are sure About No Hardware Problems in Your PC Proceed to Software
Here somethings to Try :
  • Scan PC for Malwares And Viruses ( Sometimes Viruses can Cause Similar Issues )
  • uninstall YOUR DRIVE DRIVERS AND RE-INSTALL THEM
  • Go To Control Panel = Power Options = on The LEFT Click on Choose what power buttons Do and untiCK Fast Startup
  • Back again to power options and on the LEFT Bar , Click on "choose when to turn off display" = Change advanced power settings= Set The Options In The Picture Below to 0 and Apply
ar0j8m2.jpg

if None of The Above Worked Start Your PC in Safe Mode and Use it for The Maxium Time You Can , if You Didnt Get The Problem Then its Software / System RELATED .

3) CHECK THE Power Supply Got the Sufficient Watts i recommend you To Get a 700W Power Supply and Test PC With it and See If PC Freezes

4) Consider Resetting and Installing a Clean Version of Windows IF None Worked

Restart PC and Let me know if this worked

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019
Hey man, thanks for your reply! I did everything you said in the power options, and drivers so far. i also downloaded the program you asked me to.
Here are the photos of my drives in the program
View: https://imgur.com/a/5ZuOc9z

My computer is still running fast as it originally was, i do have a torrented windows because microsofts key did not work and there customer service is bad. Even then ive still had that same windows for 2 years, it updates as well. I factory reset my computer a week ago but it seems like it still is freezing. When i can scrap a little of money i can order a 700 watt psu. Ill update you ;)

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Hey man, thanks for your reply! I did everything you said in the power options, and drivers so far. i also downloaded the program you asked me to.
Here are the photos of my drives in the program
View: https://imgur.com/a/5ZuOc9z

My computer is still running fast as it originally was, i do have a torrented windows because microsofts key did not work and there customer service is bad. Even then ive still had that same windows for 2 years, it updates as well. I factory reset my computer a week ago but it seems like it still is freezing. When i can scrap a little of money i can order a 700 watt psu. Ill update you ;)
1) is this E Drive The one you bought ? because its the main problem i guess i would go with 75% that its the hardrive , try to unplug the E Drive if Connected and Boot PC and see if anything change ,

2) Also Did You Boot In SAFE MODE ?

3) One MOre thing i need to know what is the average time of your pc staying working until it freezes ? it happens while you are in windows right ?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019
the crashes are happening randomly and unexpectedly. I was on league for about an hour and a half, it didnt freeze until the third game. I had to restart my computer, once i got to the home screen and opened discord it froze right there. My computer is usally on 8 hours a day, for school work and games. Sometimes it has freezed on chrome, but only on youtube or when i open it..

In safemode i dont think it will freeze, i unplugged the hardrive leaving my new hd and ssd left. Im testing it out.

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
the crashes are happening randomly and unexpectedly. I was on league for about an hour and a half, it didnt freeze until the third game. I had to restart my computer, once i got to the home screen and opened discord it froze right there. My computer is usally on 8 hours a day, for school work and games. Sometimes it has freezed on chrome, but only on youtube or when i open it..

In safemode i dont think it will freeze, i unplugged the hardrive leaving my new hd and ssd left. Im testing it out.
Okey I Need You To RIGHT CLick Pc icon at dekstop and Then Click DisK manager and events and Try to find me any helpful info's , but only Under Error and Critical
Pay attention to Date ,
Screenshot and Let Me Know ,

Here is an example :

3bgpbl7.jpg

autoblogart

Honorable
Apr 18, 2018
Hey thanks for all your help! The problem was the psi!! It works perfectly again thanks. I don’t know how to fix/close the thread

im Glad i did Help you Yodo , Please click on the left of my name you will see up and down arrow and up trophy click the trophy to award me and close the Project :)

Do it On this answer please :

Yes i would say its a Power Supply Problem due to The Error in Event and Logs

Try To Get a 750w Power supply , you can just borrow it from a friend or some to make sure its The Problem to Your Nightmare

Let Me Know The Update after Doing This .

rSr1ab5.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019
I am not sure what I am replying to, but I have appreciated the responses to my problem and will be backing up my computer over the weekend and then trying the suggested solutions. am not sure of the protocol to express my thanks! but I am certainly grateful for the help.

Apr 4, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I had another post a while ago about the same problem, i bought a new power supply and it worked for a day or two than began too freeze... Its making me so pissed. Its almost exactly like this video (not me)>>>>
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ3yXpY5yoc

I usally play league of legends i freeze at least once a game, 10-30 mins. makes a buzzing noise from headset. help would be great :) I will try my old computer ram right now 1:51PM PST

GTX 1060 3GB
i5 4460 3.2ghz
700 Watt PSU
2x 8 gig hyperx ram
z97A asus motherboard
WATER COOLING present from dad
I do not overclock
windows 10 Pro

Things ive tried,
Updated drivers all drivers/windows 10
clean install of windows
bios update