Computer Freezing randomly

snewman7

Prominent
May 29, 2017
Hello,
So I was just producing some music yesterday on my PC and then all of a sudden the blue screen windows 10 message came up saying something like 'your computer ran into a problem and we will restart it for you'
My computer then restarted with everything back to normal. Suddenly it just froze. Everything froze, my mouse keyboard, even the red flickering light on my zalman Z3 case. I restarted the computer (by pressing the off button then on again) and the same thing happened about 5-15 mins after I logged on. I kept looking at different forums and things about how to fix it and I tried many different solutions but none of them worked. On one of the forums, it looked as if my temps could be too high so I booted into BIOS mode and looked for temps. While I was there I decieded to turn on the 'warning if cpu temp is above 60 degrees' and then saved and exited the BIOS menu. I then reboot and I hear a buzzing sound coming from the optical drive. I am so confused.
So I have two problems: my computer randomly freezes after 5-15 mins and now I have a buzzing sound coming from the optical drive.

My specs are: i7 4770k, GTX 770 windforce 3X, 8gb of RAM, I also have an SSD and HDD. Thanks,
Sam

snewman7

Prominent
May 29, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from snewman7 : "Computer Freezing randomly"

Hello,
So I was just producing some music yesterday on my PC and then all of a sudden the blue screen windows 10 message came up saying something like 'your computer ran into a problem and we will restart it for you'
My computer then restarted with everything back to normal. Suddenly it just froze. Everything froze, my mouse keyboard, even the red flickering light on my zalman Z3 case. I restarted the computer (by pressing the off button then on again) and the same thing happened about 5-15 mins after I logged on. I kept looking at different forums and things about how to fix it and I tried many different solutions but none of them worked. On one of the forums, it looked as if my temps could be too high so I booted into BIOS mode and looked for temps. While I was there I decieded to turn on the 'warning if cpu temp is above 60 degrees' and then saved and exited the BIOS menu. I then reboot and I hear a buzzing sound coming from the optical drive. I am so confused.
So I have two problems: my computer randomly freezes after 5-15 mins and now I have a buzzing sound coming from the optical drive.

My specs are: i7 4770k, GTX 770 windforce 3X, 8gb of RAM, I also have an SSD and HDD. Thanks,
Sam