Computer freezing randomly

Apr 1, 2018
This all started very recently and I have been trying to troubleshoot the computer to figure out what has been causing this so I restored to multiple past points where it wasn't happening and it was still happening. So I have been trying to monitor it with the task manager to see if anything spikes, but when the computer freezes task manager does as well. It's everything that freezes. I can't move my mouse or anything. Something I noticed recently is that while on Discord after a freeze if you look at the ping to the call it jumps from around 20ms to 700ms right after the freeze and goes back down. I don't know how it is related or even what it could mean. Something else to note is sometimes while I am typing the computer kind of has to catch up.

This happens very randomly. Event Viewer isn't showing anything around when these freezes happen. I don't know what could be causing this. I don't have to restart the computer it only freezes for a few seconds. I would like to rule out everything before a complete reinstall of windows.

Specs -
MSI Z270 Gaming M7
CPU: Intel i7-7700k
AIO: Corsair h115i
GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
RAM: Corsair Vengence 2666MHz
SSD: 2 Samsung 250GB
HDD: 2 Seagate 3TB
PSU: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850W 80+ Gold

Apr 1, 2018
After much troubleshooting, I don't exactly know how this fixed the problem, but all I did was reset my Network Adapter via command prompt. ~ netsh winsock reset ~ I was drawing towards hardware after a while because at the time it didn't seem like drivers or anything, but the command seems to have fixed this for me.

TRENDING THREADS