Question Computer Freezing/Running Slowly

Feb 28, 2020
Afternoon everyone,

Over the past couple weeks I've been experiencing issues with my computer and have been unable to pinpoint the culprit. Essentially, CPU usage increases to 100% and the computer either becomes incredibly slow with sound skipping, or will freeze momentarily then continue as normal. In the most recent case, I noticed a process named "Service Interruptions" was consuming 100% CPU usage, though I'm not sure if that process has been the cause every time. I've tried looking into the Event Viewer and noticed some EBD.log errors, but the fixes related to those issues didn't work for me.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K @ 3.7 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 1080

Below are a few pictures I took of two separate freeze/slow scenarios. Disk 2 is my C: drive and an SSD. Disks 0 and 1 are HDDs running in RAID 0, I believe.

1) Momentary Freeze (It's not letting me link the images, if someone can explain how.)

2) Incredibly slow and skipping audio persisted until a restart

If you need any other information, I'd be happy to provide it as long as you can tell me where to get it!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: This is what I've attempted so far:
  • Disabling unnecessary audio drivers
  • Disabling network driver
  • Scanning for Malware
  • Checking for Driver Updates
  • Creating proper directories (TileDataLayer\Database) for EDB.log errors
  • Checking my OS is up to date
  • Checking all disks for errors
  • Disabling audio enhancements

Feb 28, 2020
First I would deactivate your antivirus as a test; don't do any browsing just see if the issues are still occurring. If so, and your PC case is clean of dust, I would look to your PSU. How old is your PSU? I would have it tested. I read they have a 7 year warranty.
I've noticed another process "Antimalware Service Executable" listed near the top of CPU usage whenever I freeze. Should I attempt disabling windows defender?