Question Computer Freezing Then Recovering Again

Justinsanity

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
I've been trying to fix this on my own for a while now and I'm honestly at a loss and don't know what the problem is. My computer will randomly freeze and I cannot figure out what triggers or causes this to happen. Usually I'll still be able to move my mouse and mouse over things, sometimes switch between open applications, but if I click on something it won't do anything. My HDD doesn't seem to be doing anything during this time, and when I look at the HDD light on my case it never goes on. About 15 seconds later it will get less responsive and I won't be change windows at all, sometimes the program will say its no longer responding. Then a few seconds after that everything will be back to normal and working perfectly until all of this happens again. My SSD is about 6 months old and my HDD is less than 2 years old so I don't see why those would be failing that quickly.

What I've tried:
-Updating all my drivers (SSD, HDD, MOBO, GPU, and more)
-Various PC cleaners
-Making sure nothing is overheating when the freezes are happening (everything is normal)
-Updated BIOS
-Clearing temp files
-Adjusted virtual memory
-Ran a disk check
-Disk defrag and optimization
-Ran system file checker
-Set HDD to never turn off in power settings

CPU: AMD FX-8350
RAM: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 804MHz
MOBO: 970A-UD3P
GPU: RX 480
SSD: KINGSTON SA400S37120G
HDD: Seagate ST31000340NS
PSU: SeaSonic S12 Bronze 620W

May 29, 2019
If you don't think it's the HDD, I would test the RAM next. Here is a good article for going about checking it:

If it's not the RAM, check your CPU to make sure none of the pins are bent, and check the motherboard to make sure none of the capacitors are swollen.

Justinsanity

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
I'm bumping this because I still haven't found a fix. I ran chkdsk on all my drives again and I'm still getting the freezes. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do, please

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS