Computer freezing up after couple minutes of use

Sep 2, 2018
My system:
Cpu- ryzen 1800x
Mobo- aorus gaming ultra
Memory- Corsair vengeance ddr4 3000 MHz
Gpu- evga 1080ti
Storage- WD 500gb
Software- windows 10 (UN-official download)

So I recently built a new computer. First time. Everything went well mostly. Did notice I didn’t seat the cpu heat sink properly and had to turn everything off and start again. Also had 2 storage systems in computer while trying to boot software and everything. In the end everything seems to be running fine.

Notice after a few minutes of use system will freeze. Sometimes it will resume normally. Other times I have to sit and hard reset computer several times before it finally works. Checked memory and switches both around to make sure it wasn’t memory. CPU works well when I use cenibench. I also made sure to update all of the drivers.

At this point I’m not entirely sure what the problem could be. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Sep 2, 2018

whoops, forgot about that. my PSU is a EVGA 850 G1+ gold.

i would also like to mention that i do turn off my computer completely (rgb lighting keeps me up at night) and turn it back on in the morning. idk if this would have any part in the issue.

Sep 2, 2018

it will freeze when i get on after a few minutes, whether it is watching youtube or even just checking my email. i think it didnt happen one time when i went to check my email. i have not tried turning on my computer, letting it sit idle and see if it would freeze or not.

Sep 2, 2018

alright so i ran it for about 30 min and there was no freezing at all.

i would like to point out that i did first try to setup windows 10 with two storage devices (M.2 and 2T HDD) connected and had to unplug the HDD and redownload to M.2 to run properly. still don't have it connected again so there should not be any partitions issues.

also when i first built the computer i did not connect the bridge connecting the heat sink (Be Quiet Dark Rock 4) to the mobo properly so it wasnt getting the best cooling for a couple of days. looking at the heat temps and clocks the cpu seems to be running fine.

could it be due to the copy of windows 10 that i got from a friend (and not officially buying one) that could be causing these problems?

oh also my mobo is the gigabyte aorus gaming 7 wifi. it doesn't have an onboard graphics which i thought was weird but my graphics card takes care of that issue