[SOLVED] Computer freezing

Dec 27, 2020
My custom built pc has been experiencing a lot of freezing over the past few months. It typically only happens when I leave the pc idle or while I’m starting the pc cold boot and I don’t move the mouse around after the windows logo disappears. Everytime it freezes, it never unfreezes so I have to completely restart it using the restart button on the case and then make sure to remember to move the mouse otherwise I have to restart again. I have checked my hard drive and my specs are Ryzen 7 2700x, 16gb 3200mHz ram, rx580 8gb, 600w coolermaster psu, 2tb Wd hard drive. Any solutions?

Solution
Yes it says 2 of 4

what's your motherboard model. from the things you explain, may be there are some power surges inside your case, some components must be reseated.
how long are you using the system? too much dust? did it shake violently at some time in the past?

your RAM sticks must be inserted into A2 and B2 slot of your mobo. They must not be placed near each other. the slot near cpu must be empty, use next one, don't use next one, and use last one. in some motherboards two RAM slots are colored differently. like zebra strips.

I think you must reseat gpu, ram.

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
You mean when the screen saver comes, then you move the mouse and it freezes? what do you mean by windows logo.

just disable screen saver.
press Windows key, type screensaver, choose "change screen saver", and then in the listbox under screen saver set to (None)

Dec 27, 2020
There is already no screensaver. I mean when I restart the computer after it freezes, the windows logo shows up like when it starts loading windows. After that disappears I have to move the mouse until it shows up or else it just won’t start

LeiHeJun

Upstanding
Dec 13, 2020
Yes it says 2 of 4

what's your motherboard model. from the things you explain, may be there are some power surges inside your case, some components must be reseated.
how long are you using the system? too much dust? did it shake violently at some time in the past?

your RAM sticks must be inserted into A2 and B2 slot of your mobo. They must not be placed near each other. the slot near cpu must be empty, use next one, don't use next one, and use last one. in some motherboards two RAM slots are colored differently. like zebra strips.

I think you must reseat gpu, ram.

Solution