Computer games capped at 60 fps

joshua_park99

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Ever since two days ago, all the games on my laptop have been capped at 60 fps. This includes League of Legends, Counter Strike: Global Offensive, and even Super Hexagon. All of these games previously ran at at least over 100 fps on this laptop. Note that, yes vsync is turned off in both game and graphics properties, Xbox DVR is turned off, HKEY values have been changed to 0, and even a factory reset of the laptop plus a fresh download of all the games.

This laptop is a Lenovo netbook.
Running Windows 10
Processor: Intel i5-5200U @ 2.2 GHz
Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 M360
RAM: 8GB

joshua_park99

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

I'm sorry I forgot to mention that I'm just using the built in monitor set at 60Hz. However, I don't really care for screen tearing and that the real reason that I care that it's capped at 60fps is that the mouse movement seems a little laggy (like it would with vertical sync, but I know that it's completely turned off)

Boopig

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014
Strange. If your screen is 60Hz then all you'll see is 60FPS maximum regardless of any FPS counter saying your getting 100FPS, yes you're getting 100FPS but your only seeing 60. Being capped at 60 shouldn't be an issue. But if you really want to uncap your FPS have you considered checking your Gaming Evolved to see if your games have been capped at 60? (Not experienced with AMD but if its anything like GeForce Experience then answers will be found there)

As for your mouse I am not sure what to say, I think that comes with the FPS cap as you rightly said.

To summarize: Check your Gaming Evolved for any V Sync / FPS caps, that will likely fix your mouse lag too. Just note that if your screen is 60Hz you'll only see 60FPS max so don't be worried if you don't get anything more than 60FPS in your games.

I hope this helps!

joshua_park99

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

joshua_park99

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Well I have no idea what happened... it just started working again.... something's wrong with my laptop

Boopig

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2014

Maybe it was a virus scan or some process which temporarily took a lot of resources to run. Glad everything is back to normal! :D