Question Computer gets supper laggy when loading Youtube videos or moving content...

Lynild

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
So I have just got my new computer, which consists of:

CPU: 3900x Ryzen
GPU: 5700XT Power Color Red Devil
RAM: 32 GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X570-P

So in my opinion, a computer that should suffice. However, when I try to load a Youtube video, or even just visiting imgur.com frontpage (that one will really tick it off), or actually just banners that have moving content, my computer gets super laggy. Mouse is very unresponsive, and so is the rest of the keyboard.

I can easily play games, no worries, but videos, or moving content on the web, well, really shakes it up.

I have tracked my GPU performance, and when this happens, the 3D in the performance tab of the GPU spikes quite high, and video decode is at 100% while this is going on. And for websites like imgur, well, this can take minutes.

I should have updated all my AMD drivers (at least to the newest recommended one), and enabled their suggestions for optimization. But this still haven't done much.

So any idea of what the hell is going on here ? I really think it is the GPU, since that is the only think that spikes in the performance window.

Thanks in advance.

Lynild

Reputable
Jul 9, 2015
Did you do a clean OS install when you built this PC ?

What are you using for your DNS provider? Are you using wired or wireless internet?
Yes, clean install. But I also ran the DDU GPU driver removal tool, when I changed from the newest driver, to the newest recommended driver.
I am unsure what you mean about the DNS provider ? I just use what my ISP is giving me. At least I haven't changed anything.
And yes, I am wired on a 1Gbps connection.

EDIT:
I just tried to disable hardware acceleration in my browser, and that seemed to fix the problem (as of now at least). But isn't that weird. Shouldn't hardware acceleration be possible with this kind of setup ?

Also, I just tried the snipping tool command (ALT + SHIFT + S), and when the cursor comes, it gets laggy as well. Not something I imagine being a problem for a computer/GPU like this. Basically I have a few of these spikes depending on what I'm doing. I have just been able to cut down on the crazy spikes by disabling hardware acceleration.

Last edited: