[SOLVED] Computer gives no signal to monitor

Jan 29, 2020
My computer boots, every fan is spinning and i have lights on all the components yet my monitor does not receive a signal. I have tried to use every single port on my graphics card and motherboard (both display and hdmi). I followed every tip on this post https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

I have also tried every RAM slot and assured every cable is connected. I don't have a small speaker on the motherboard hence no "beep" test can be done for booting. This problem occured after i installed a new cpu cooler. (Stock->aircooled).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
My computer boots, every fan is spinning and i have lights on all the components yet my monitor does not receive a signal. I have tried to use every single port on my graphics card and motherboard (both display and hdmi). I followed every tip on this post https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

I have also tried every RAM slot and assured every cable is connected. I don't have a small speaker on the motherboard hence no "beep" test can be done for booting. This problem occured after i installed a new cpu cooler. (Stock->aircooled).

SOLVED
Apparently my RAM was loosened and i pressed it down with about 5kg of...
Jan 29, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

new build or was working system?
Motherboard: Asus prime z370-p-atx
CPU: Intel Core i5-8400
SSD: WD SSD Blue 250GB
PSU: Corsair TX650 80 plus gold
GPU: Nvidia geforce GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: Kingston 8gb (2x4GB) DDR4 2666MHz Fury Black

Jan 29, 2020

I have also confirmed there are no damaged pins on the back of the motherboard although a couple behind the GPU and forwards relative to the case (max 20 degrees).

Jan 29, 2020
Did you take the CPU out of the socket when you installed the new CPU cooler? Describe to us exactly what you did when you installed the new CPU cooler.
No I did not, the CPU was fastened during the whole procedure. First I removed the stock cooler then I removed the coller paste using acetone with a small amount of oil (nail polish remover). Then I lifted up the motherboard and installed the backplate, put the motherboard back and installed the cooler supports (the things the cooler is supported by), applied new cooling paste (nothing got on to the motherboard or CPU socket as far as I could tell),Installed the cooler, replugged everything back into the motherboard and proceeded to boot the computer then the problem occured.

Jan 29, 2020

SOLVED
Apparently my RAM was loosened and i pressed it down with about 5kg of force and it just clicked.

Reactions: stanleykell651
Solution

TRENDING THREADS