Computer gives random colored screen when playing games and GPU stops giving signal after reboot.

Kurggu

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Hello sorry for a long post but the recent days have been a weird mess

I recently started building building my first PC (and probably last). Everything started fine, windows 7 and drivers were installed and everything seemed to work just fine. I played few games to test too and they worked.

Everything went to shit though when i downloaded about 200 windows updates with the windows update tool. After downloading everything and rebooting it gave a message "Failed to configurate windows updates, reverting changes" after that it reverted those updates and the update tool didn't find updates anymore.

Then i tried to playing Warhammer: total war and Wicher 3 it just gave a black/random colored screen after the gameplay started and i was forced to reboot each time. I guessed the windows 7 updates messed something up so i figured it might be fixed by installing Windows 10.

So now i installed Windows 10 and everything seemed to be in order. I tried to play Warhammer: total war and it just gave a pink screen when the gameplay started just like before, only now my graphics card stopped giving signal to my monitor completely and my computer stopped recognizing my graphics card all together.

Did Warhammer just kill my graphics card?

I'm currently using CPU integrated graphics since my graphics card is not giving signal when i plug the HDMI cable in it. Also graphics card seems to be seated firmly.

It doesn't let me install new drivers online
http://

I get this message upon start up
http://

specs:
Intel Haswell core i5-4460
AsRock H97M Anniversary
Seasonic 520W S12 ATX, 80 plus bronze
Corsair 8gb Vengeance Dual Channel
Asus Strix GTX 970 DirectCU II OC, 4gb
Seagate 1TB barracuda
Stock cooler
BitFenix neos case

My thanks to anyone who can help.

ihog

Distinguished
Personally, I would reinstall Windows 7. If you have a spare HDD laying around, then even more so. You would be able to see if W10 is causing the issue.

I feel like there are too many variables to account for to begin troubleshooting, and I have no specific ideas.

Kurggu

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Well i had a pal come over and we poked around a bit. We swapped the graphics card to my old one GTX 750 and it worked just fine. When we plugged the 970 back, it gives signal for about 7-10 seconds before it stops giving it again. The motherboard seems to recognize the the GTX 970 when we checked BIOS quickly before it stops giving signal.

We are currently wondering is the problem in the PSU or the graphics card itself.

Kurggu

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
Sorry for the late reply but if anyone still cares the graphics card was sent back for warranty and the warranty crew who checked it had also trouble getting it to work so i guess it was just a faulty product after all.

TRENDING THREADS