Jul 6, 2016
Specs are below

GPU- GeForce GTX 780
CPU- AMD FX (tm)-8320 Eight core processor
driver version - 368.39
windows 10
and my power source is a Raidmax Hybrid 2 RX‑630SS Power Supply ‑ 630W

I have tried a lot of things.

Cleaning the card itself, uninstalling each game, downloading older drivers, bought a new monitor.

nothing is working.. Today i uninstalled windows and reinstalled it (windows 10)
and its continuing to do the same thing..

Now ill go into detail more about what it does.

I load up counter strike. Im able to maneuver through the menus and adjust settings but when I join a game, the screens both black out and say " entering power safe mode" basically going to sleep. but i can still hear noises in the back ground.

now it didnt do it on league at first but now its starting to do it on league.

I bought a few other games just to see if it was the games, but it wasnt. I bought elder scrolls and it does the same thing, and arma two with dayz mod. plays for a little than blacks out.

Ive tried to run stress tests on it with furmark but as soon as it starts, it goes black. Im stuck and very close to just saying fuck it and buying a new computer.

and now i have looked into the event file and it says kernal power 41

Solution

If you can test the other card in a different system that would be where I'd start before trying a new power...
Either a bad video card or power supply. If anything is overclocked, set it to stock and see if that fixes things. Test the card in another system with a good power supply, if issue follows card, card is bad. If not, test your system with another power supply.

Justin_94

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

ill will try this tomorrow, thanks

Justin_94

Commendable
Jul 6, 2016

Okay so I tested out the computer with a GTEX 550ti
and it worked.

But i want a better graphics card. I wanna test my old graphics card with a new power supply because i want a better graphics card. what should i do from here.

should i buy a new power supply, a stronger one, and see if the graphics card works? or should i just stick with what works

If you can test the other card in a different system that would be where I'd start before trying a new power supply. The Raidmax power supply is not a good one, but it's not a very bad one either, it's average, and should run the 780 card.

Solution