[SOLVED] Computer hardware engineering in community college education help

Jan 12, 2019
hi all, i'm 48yo man in hong kong. I'm find a community college to study computer hardware engineering(and English language) now. can suggest a best college to me? thanks~~

Solution
Go visit the community colleges. Start with the closest and work outward to as far as you are willing to or able to commute.

Spend a day walking around: talk with counselors, faculty, financial aid, and students. Visit the labs, the library, the cafeteria's, - everywhere.

Look into the degrees being offered. Look at the necessary requirements to earn those degrees. You may need to take more or less classes than other people. Perhaps via credit for other education classes taken or even work experience.

Is the college's degree truly accredited. Will the college help with job placement. Maybe internships during your attendance or job placement after graduation.

Is budget a concern? Likely you are limited on expenses.

"Best"...

Ralston18

Titan
Go visit the community colleges. Start with the closest and work outward to as far as you are willing to or able to commute.

Spend a day walking around: talk with counselors, faculty, financial aid, and students. Visit the labs, the library, the cafeteria's, - everywhere.

Look into the degrees being offered. Look at the necessary requirements to earn those degrees. You may need to take more or less classes than other people. Perhaps via credit for other education classes taken or even work experience.

Is the college's degree truly accredited. Will the college help with job placement. Maybe internships during your attendance or job placement after graduation.

Is budget a concern? Likely you are limited on expenses.

"Best" is subjective and visiting the colleges, reading the materials (brochures, course listings, prerequisites, etc.) all will help you decide.

Go visit. That is the way to go about it.

Reactions: Printed Circuit Bro
Solution
I don't know about hong kong, but in the U.S. I would go to a cheap community college for my associates degree. Then go to a state run university for my bachelors degree. You tend to get better job opportunities with a well known degree. But don't spend too much money on your degree. State funded schools are the cheapest for computer engineering.

And as said previously, make for certain that it's ABET accredited. Many schools here are FOR PROFIT and aren't properly accredited. Yet they bamboozle you for $30k+ a year.

Nov 27, 2019
hi all, i'm 48yo man in hong kong. I'm find a community college to study computer hardware engineering(and English language) now. can suggest a best college to me? thanks~~
I know The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology has one of the best study programs in this field but the price is also pretty high. Another option is Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Hardware Engineering is highly competitive field in Hong Kong and due to the competition for each place at the university you should have very high scores.