Computer has power. MOBO no LED, nothing works

higashoe

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Hey.
I recently upgraded from a Pentium G4400 to a i5 7500. I did the bios update to Kaby Lake.

Since then, my computer had problems turning on but worked fine. Until now, I was browsing casually, on Facebook and what not and my computer turned off but restarted to no display, no keyboard or mouse lights were on.

I completely powered off computer and turned back on and noticed my MOBO has no ambient LED now but fans are running fine. Please help me, thanks.

Solution
Try resetting your motherboard CMOS. Completely power down the system, unplug it from the wall, and turn the PSU switch to off. Then, unplug the small button cell battery on the motherboard and wait for about a minute or so. Then plug the battery and power cable back in, flip the PSU switch, and turn your system on again like normal.

noahhefner

Reputable
Aug 5, 2015
Try resetting your motherboard CMOS. Completely power down the system, unplug it from the wall, and turn the PSU switch to off. Then, unplug the small button cell battery on the motherboard and wait for about a minute or so. Then plug the battery and power cable back in, flip the PSU switch, and turn your system on again like normal.

Solution