[SOLVED] Computer has random restarts, worked fine for a very long time even after swapping to a new RAM kit and replacing fans.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 4, 2021
First of all clear your CMOS to bring Bios back to default. If Bios corruption has occurred then you will have to flash the Bios with the latest version. (F14e)
The LED for CPU lighting up and staying lit can indicate a faulty chip but not necessarily so. Lets first see if we can get your Bios back. No output to monitor would result with CPU_LED lit as POST would not advance till the error is rectified.
I got my pc working now, it has latest bios version, when I loaded my computer up I did not touch anything, I didn’t open any apps or nothing I just let my computer sit as soon as it opened and no restarts happened. As soon as I opened chrome or anything else after a few minutes my computer would not “crash” but it would sort of like just refresh, like you know how when a computer you click the restart, the computer does a quick shutdown(close all the rgb and everything) then does a reboot. My computer is just doing sort of a “refresh” it is just like I would say restarting the OS?? Like it doesn’t do a fully shutdown like when I normally click restart what it does it flashes my screen and the. The Aorus logo shows up and windows then my home desktop, as if I was to first turn on my computer in the morning to use it, is how I would describe it.

Dec 4, 2021
So what I thought would fix the issue didn’t do it, now my motherboard indicates a solid red light on DRAM, my camp profile was not on, I had it on default settings.

ASK THE COMMUNITY