Question Computer has started to freeze

kneidels

Honorable
Dec 13, 2015
Hi!
(if this post is in the incorrect form, pls feel free to move it)

In the last week or so, my computer has frozen twice - once, the screens had no communication (they would power on, but have no connection), but the computer was definitely on.
The second tine, i had active screens - with my Windows programs open, but everything was frozen, and no response to mouse, keyboard or to good old CTRL+ALT+DEL.
Windows 10.

In both cases, i had to do a hard reset, and then it (slowly) came back.
Where can i try see what the issue was?
Would there be anything user-friendly to see in the Event Viewer? What would I be looking for?

Thank you!

Below, is the spec from the quote. Its a generic kinda machine. I must have it for 10+ years but its been upgraded over the years - to 16GB RAM, and multiple new HD drives (currently 512 SSD + 2TB for data).

rgW6jAj.png

Hi!
(if this post is in the incorrect form, pls feel free to move it)

In the last week or so, my computer has frozen twice - once, the screens had no communication (they would power on, but have no connection), but the computer was definitely on.
The second tine, i had active screens - with my Windows programs open, but everything was frozen, and no response to mouse, keyboard or to good old CTRL+ALT+DEL.
Windows 10.

In both cases, i had to do a hard reset, and then it (slowly) came back.
Where can i try see what the issue was?
Would there be anything user-friendly to see in the Event Viewer? What would I be looking for?

Thank you!

Below, is the spec from the quote. Its a generic kinda machine. I must have it for 10+ years but its been upgraded over the years - to 16GB RAM, and multiple new HD drives (currently 512 SSD + 2TB for data).

rgW6jAj.png
Start with.
Give the innards a good cleaning......can of air and a small brush.
Heat sinks and fans extra clean.
Don't forget the psu a few shots of air from both directions.

Replace the bios bat.....cheap.

Reactions: kneidels