Question Computer has unusually low upload whilst all other devices in house have no problems

egpacker02

Reputable
Nov 28, 2017
PC Specs:
i7 7700k
H270 Gaming pro carbon
16GB RAM(not sure speed)
RTX 3070
Power Supply, not sure on the model but I know its at least 1000W

My main computer, which is connected via ethernet cable, over the past 2 days suddenly started having insanely poor upload speeds making it practically impossible to do anything on my device.

The download speed is fine (800Mbps) but my upload is (0.50Mbps) this is in contrast to the 300Mbps upload and download on my laptop connected wirelessly.

I tried to do a system restore to 9/11/2022 but it wouldn't let me claiming my files were corrupted, when trying to repair them it and restarting my computer it still gave back the message that the files were corrupted and I can't use this restore point.
I did an SFC scan twice and it claimed to fix any corrupt files but now the restore point on the 11th is gone and my internet is still poor.
I tried changing the ethernet cable to a new cable that I knew worked, the upload speed did go up but only by 1 Mbps.
After this I finally decided to reset my PC and remove all of the apps, and still I got the problem.
I then tried to install network drivers for my motherboard but this also didn't work.
I restarted, removing everything and I still have the problem.
I have another Hard drive with windows 10 installed and I tried switching out my SSD for this Hard drive and still these connectivity issues still occur.
I really don't understand what's going on, I haven't seen many people with this problem so I'd appreciate any help.

egpacker02

Reputable
Nov 28, 2017
Sorry forgot to add have you tried different broswers? Have you called your provider to ask for a line check?
I have tried different browsers, I've called my provider and everything seems fine but I'm still having this issue I can only assume its from my hardware or how Windows is interacting with my device. It can't be my SSD or Hard drive since both experience these issues independently and my Hard drive was working up until this point, I have no idea what it could be

Ralston18

Titan
On your main computer look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or even informational events just before or at the time of the "low uploads".

Start with Reliability History. The timeline format can prove to be very revealing.

Also check Update History for any failed or problem updates just before or at the time the problem began.