Question Computer having horrible memory issues, please help!

KAP1020

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
My computer has 16 GB of GDDR4 RAM clocked at 3000 Mhz. I've had it for about 2 years and it's run perfectly fine but for the past month or 2 it's literally been freaking out. I can barely run any games any more because my pc keeps thinking it's out of memory, and I occasionally get a BSOD saying the same thing. I can't even open more than 3 chrome tabs most of the time. Is this an issue with my memory or some other component? I've tried reinstalling windows and updating my drivers but literally nothing has solved the issue

KAP1020

Reputable
Mar 19, 2017
Run Resource Monitor next. On the memory tab you can see what is using the ram.

Drive space is fine, plenty of free space. You didn't disable your swap file did you?
In resource monitor nothing is using more RAM than it should and nothing ever indicates that it's all being used when the crashes happen, my pc literally just decides to pretend it doesn't have another like 12 GB available. At this point chrome is sometimes refusing to even open more than 1 tab. I tried resetting my memory speed because I think I had it overclocked to 3000 since it just defaults to 2133 but that only helped with the BSODs.

No I didn't disable my swap file, I don't even know what that is.