Computer hung at BIOS screen

Meatbagtoo

Reputable
Jun 21, 2015
Need some help here. Beyond frustrated.

Windows 7

Mobo Gigabyte GA-277-D3H

Vid Card EVGA GTX 560 (trying to replace with GT 730 "low profile", which I'm also pissed off with because it's about half the size of the 560, so I know it's going to suck. Was in a rush to fix this crap and didn't research much)

PSU Silencer Mk2 750wats

Started when my computer crashed with a video anomaly. It's not something very new, as I've been having crashing and video anomaly problems with this card for years and I figured it was only a matter of time before it gave up the ghost.

Tried restarting my comp a few times and it continued to make all of the bootup noises, including letting me log in with my password (even though the screen was blank). After trying this a few times, it stopped getting that far and would only have the one initial start up beep.

Got this new video card, which I was immediately displeased with as stated earlier. Hooked it up, which restored video and that's when I found that the computer would not boot past the BIOS splash screen. Gives the single beep, fans spin up like usual, then nothing. Pressing BIOS related buttons a few times with no response, then it starts a "clicking" noise whenever pressing them. Still doesn't progress past this screen.

Tried taking out the ram, that causes an error where the comp just makes continuous beeping noises (read that it giving an error is an indicator that the mobo is still good). Don't get any further disconnecting vid card or hard drives. Took out mobo battery and put it back in, still nothing.

I have no idea what to do from here. bleh.

Discovered something new. If I leave the computer on, it will give a single beep around every 30 seconds for about 2 minutes. After that it progresses to the next screen where it remains with a blinking underscore line. Doesn't progress from there and pressing keys does nothing.

TRENDING THREADS