Computer Information Systems

Cydan_X

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016
Hello everyone I was wondering if I should get a associates, bachelors, or masters degree in CIS and I want to know how much the salary for each degree. If I go to a university I want to focus less on programming since I don't enjoy it and focus more on hardware but I know which one to choose.

Solution
As someone with a CIS degree, I learned a lot about everything, but the degree is only a foot in the door. A degree mostly helps when you have no job experience. Once you get experience, your education is worth a lot less. And CIS is typically higher level than working with hardware, it's making use of the hardware by interconnecting systems and designing systems that work well.

popatim

Titan
Depends on the exact degree specialization. You might be better off going the certificate route even. But what I stress to everyone interested is that 'if it can be done by IP, then sooner or later it will be done from india and you need to plan for that'.

Kewlx25

Distinguished
As someone with a CIS degree, I learned a lot about everything, but the degree is only a foot in the door. A degree mostly helps when you have no job experience. Once you get experience, your education is worth a lot less. And CIS is typically higher level than working with hardware, it's making use of the hardware by interconnecting systems and designing systems that work well.

Solution

Aereto

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016

As a CIS student, such prospects could be interesting for me. As someone who is looking for a part-time job, I'm pushing to keep my grades at 3.5+ since my finances are rocky at best. And... I have yet to clearly determine my CIS concentration since I'm fairly tied with what I may do better with.

TRENDING THREADS