Question Computer infrequently freezes and mic cuts out ?

Jul 23, 2021
Every now and then, my computer display will stutter, sometimes 5 times in 30 seconds (as many times as I can unplug and plug the headset back in), and sometimes not once in 3 hours, regardless of what I am doing or if I am talking. When it stutters, one of two things will happen:
(A) - my microphone will stop working and no longer picks up input, however, audio output still works. I can only fix this by unplugging and plugging the headphones back in (USB) or by reassigning the default input sound device in settings. After unplugging and plugging the headset back in, the pc will stutter again before the mic comes back to life.
(B) - my microphone continues to pick up audio but it sounds like 'an Animal Crossing character'. The same temporary solutions for (A) apply here.

The problem does not lie with the headset and actually begun with a Bluetooth headset (Bose QC 35 II) which stopped working afterwards.

The problem became apparent after a Windows update. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers. (Realtek) I have no idea what to do... please help!
Headset: Logitech G432
Motherboard: X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI

ASK THE COMMUNITY