Question Computer is acting slow, need help

arnoldhwang

Reputable
May 3, 2018
So my computer has been acting super slow, and when I try to run an antivirus software it stops at 99%. When I press control, shift, and esc buttons together, it opened up a window that was heavily filled with stuff that repeated, like a vast security browser is there 8 times, what do I do to figure out what is wrong with my computer and fix the issue?

D

Deleted member 362816

Upload a photo of your task manager when it is running slow. ctrl-alt-del (task manager)

Or if you have the time and are no concerned about data loss just reinstall windows.

D

Deleted member 362816

it wasn’t as bad, before I could do normal things ok, now it’s really bad

I would remove the anti-virus as with your CPU and a windows 10 install it will bog things down to a unusable point. TBH it's pretty hard to infect windows 10 unless you are doing things one shouldn't. I haven't run 3rd party anti-virus since Windows 7 and I have personally never had a issue.

arnoldhwang

Reputable
May 3, 2018
I would remove the anti-virus as with your CPU and a windows 10 install it will bog things down to a unusable point. TBH it's pretty hard to infect windows 10 unless you are doing things one shouldn't. I haven't run 3rd party anti-virus since Windows 7 and I have personally never had a issue.
I can’t even entertain Settings, I’ll click on Settings, take a while to start, the window will open, then cancel out, do I have virus I really malware or something?

D

Deleted member 362816

I can’t even entertain Settings, I’ll click on Settings, take a while to start, the window will open, then cancel out, do I have virus I really malware or something?

If you are worried about a Virus start the computer in safe mode so nothing is running and run the anti virus from there. I am pretty sure between windows 10 running and Anti-Virus running a scan it is just bogging down your CPU making it super slow.

Jun 5, 2022
A slow computer is often caused by too many programs running simultaneously, taking up processing power and reducing the PC's performance. Some programs will continue running in the background even after you have closed them or will start automatically when you boot up your computer.