Computer is beeping(5)

xRandomBobx

Commendable
Sep 11, 2016
Hey my computer recently stopped working. It powers on and goes to the windows screen then to my homescreen but immediately the screen turns black and post no cable connected. I can run it in safe mode without a problem but keeps doing this on normal start up and when I hit the reset button on black screen sometimes it restarts and sometimes it beeps 5 times. I've reseated my graphics and CPU and reapplied thermal paste and took out the battery in the mobo but nothing is working . does that mean my CPU is fried or is there a way to fix this problem ? Thanks for the help

Edit: my components are 990fx killer mobo, AMD fx 6300 six core CPU 3500mhz 8gig ripjaw ram MSI TX 770 graphics. All displayed in uefi dunno if its broken if it would show up . also set uefi to defaults and didn't help any

I run on 2 monitors one being a Samsung TV and the other is an Acer monitor . I leave my PC on at night so when I woke up this had been the problem . the only display ports are located on my graphics card and both monitors respond until the computer gets to the main screen then the CPU fan kicks in . TV is HDMI monitor is dvi adapter to vga

Hello... it sounds like your Windows "Default" video output is being switched to a different Video port/Monitor... were you playing with Windows video settings before this happen? or a driver update?

Can you list your Monitor/connection cable for us?

it's possible since you cleared the CMOS?... that the MB Video connector is live now... Depending on your MB and CPU (hardware) you have B /

1) as a "Simple Test" plug into the other MB/Video Card connections and see if Windows is being Displayed from there... OR
2) remove the Video Card and Plug into the MB for another Boot Test.
3) Boot to your BIO's screen and check your MB for Hardware/Display settings.

Another issue could be Power to the Video card when the Video card driver is used in Windows VS safe mode (standard VGA) B /

Hello... Windows/driver update could have changed your Default Monitor Display ID status... B )

I run dual too... Can you check your monitor/display/primary/secondary ID's in safe mode? do they seem correct B /

4) How old is your PS?
5) your 770 will be a power hog OCng it?
6) What type of cables? DVI VGA HDMI?

TRENDING THREADS