Question Computer is constantly freezing and playing catch-up every 20-40 minutes.

Oct 22, 2020
It seems that about every 15 to 20 minutes the system all but locks up completely. I can be browsing the web, listening to spotify, or downloading things and I will get constant freezes. I can still move the mouse, I can still click on icons, the sounds are still playing, but nothing happens. Then after about 1-3 minutes of this freeze, all of a sudden, everything I had tried to do happens and the computer plays catchup. After that my computer works fine again for about 15 to 20 minutes. Oddly enough I can play Path of Exile with no freezes or anything it seems to just happen when browsing, or downloading.
Specs
CPU: Processor AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 3762 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: GTX 1660 TI (brand new)
Ram: 16mb crucial DDR3 1833MHZ
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46
PSU: Corsair 750w TX
HD:
Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD, up to 560MB/s - CT500MX500SSD1 (Brand new)

So a little backstory on my computer, my brother gave me his old computer and I essentially just put in better ram, gpu, my psu, and new ssd. My ram and PSU worked perfectly on my older computer and his old one that i got ran just fine before I changed a few things.
Heres the entire list of the troubleshooting I have done so far with no progress what so ever.
  1. Updated to latest BIOS
  2. Swapped ram with 8gb, same issue.
  3. 2 New installs of windows10 on a HD and my new SSD separately - making me think its not HD issue
  4. New install of windows 7 (current OS)
  5. Swapped PCI slots on my graphics card. I have the 6pin + 2pin.
  6. Put in new battery on the mobo
  7. Cleaned PSU
  8. Installed and reinstalled GPU drivers multiple times, uninstalled Nvidia HD audio drivers
  9. Latest SSD firmware
  10. Tried different monitors - long shot I know.
  11. Memory test on both rams

ASK THE COMMUNITY