Question Computer is crashing and flashing a random color

Nov 27, 2019
So this has recently started happening each time i try and load a game and sometime when i log into windows when i start up the computer. Im constantly watching my GPU(NVIDIA GeFore 1060 GTX 3gb) and it usually runs around 90-80 degrees while idle and itll spike up to 100 when i play games like ARK, Rainbow Six or even Minecraft so i dont think the GPU is bad but it could very well be similarly i also watch my CPU(Intel Core I7 950) temp which is usually 150-160 degrees which im told is pretty normal and ive tried running memory test on my RAM that came out fine aswell. Im not sure what the problem is but any advice would be much much appreciated. P.S. its quite a old rig almost 9 years old the GPU has been replaced within the last two years and everything else is what came with it when i got it.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I will go ahead and assume Fahrenheit on the CPU as those temps in Celsius would immediately cause hardware to shutdown.

However, the temps for GPU likely are in Celsius, but still, there is not a definition, so I agree with the clarification.

Sounds like GPU artifacting.

Im constantly watching my GPU(NVIDIA GeFore 1060 GTX 3gb) and it usually runs around 90-80 degrees while idle and itll spike up to 100 when i play games like ARK, Rainbow Six or even Minecraft so i dont think the GPU is bad but it could very well be

If this is Fahrenheit, these temps are fine. If this is Celsius, you have real problems and your GPU might be damaged...especially if it is artifacting.

similarly i also watch my CPU(Intel Core I7 950) temp which is usually 150-160 degrees which im told is pretty normal and ive tried running memory test on my RAM that came out fine aswell.

I will assume this is in Fahrenheit (but why and not Celsius also?)

Have you flashed your GPU BIOS? (hopefully not)

Have you overclocked your GPU, either core or memory or changed the voltage?