Computer is extremely slow and keeps blue screening

jaco1lagrange

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi,

Since about a week ago I saw my computer becoming very slow in general - games started getting fps of 5 and downwards instead of 180+.

I thought it was my harddrive and I unplugged the one withthe games on - some games got up to 20fps on another harddrive but after this the previous harddrive I took out was completely dead.

I bought a new 2tb SSHD and installed windows on it with only that hardrive plugged in which didn't make any difference - so I bought a better power supply from 550W to a 600W +80.

I use windows 10
Motherboard is a ECS P67H2 I think
Cpu is i7 3.4ghz
Ram 2x4gb 1333ghz ddr3
Gpu Nvidia geforce 960 4gb
Psu 600+80W (new)
Harddrives: 60gb Vertex ssd
1tb harddrive
2tb hdd
2tb SSHD (new)

I have tried different ram and different harddrives for windows but nothing seems to work.

Could anyone please provide me with any assistance I'm slowly giving up.

Thanks

jaco1lagrange

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Hi, I installed and ran CCleaner - closed every program that my pc starts up with and disabled them.

Right after this my pc had a BSOD - started it up again and downloaded malwarebytes. After the download finished I got another BSOD so I started in safe mode with networking and ran malwarebytes. It found no threats or anything and as soon as I clicked scan again it gave another BSOD.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Maybe you closed down pgms that were required? Or maybe you have a piece of hdwr. failing. It runs OK in safe mode, but BSODs in normal mode?

jaco1lagrange

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I can't understand what it can be still, I tried using someone else's RAM and my pc was still this slow.

Safe mode is also very slow and blue screens after a while - same as normald.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Seems to be hardware related. Start by removing the gfx card after running DDU from safe mode to wipe all traces of any Nvidia and AMD drivers it finds. Then use the integrated video and see if the issue is still present.

Please state the make and model of the 600W PSU.

jaco1lagrange

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I found the problem, I recently replaced my motherboard with an older one and for some reason I thought let me just put my old cpu in and see...

Pc is up and running without any issues now with my older cpu.

Thanks

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Ahh. And did you do a clean install of Win with the different motherboard?