Computer is Freezing upon entering games

HwaY

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and first of all sorry if my english will annoy someone, not my first language.

So i got a freaking annoying problem i'm not even sure to wich sections it belongs too and i hope you guys could help me..

The thing is that the last 2 months i used to play Guild wars 2 and Tera online,
so about a week ago i decided to play some nostalgia and downloaded some old games i used to play, (Soldier Front,Wolfteam,Amensia,League of legends)

and for some reason, the moment i click start on(in) the games i get a black screen
my mouse stops reacting and so my Keyboard and the only way out is a hard reset,

but for some reason games that i can launch with windowed mode, works!

i mean i downloaded Born to fire okay ? so in their launcher there was an option to enable windowed mode and yureka the game works (but as i'm in the game and i change the setting to full screen the pc freezes again)

i have to mention that i did update all the drivers,

oh and the games i used to play last 2 months tera and gw2? they are still working perfectly..

and another thing(maybe it'll give ya a clue :O ) you know the situation where you want to disable Acceleration for the Directdraw and directd3 from the display troubleshooting, well once i do it my computer freezes, but i also tried to do it from Safe mode and it worked but as soon as i enter the windows after disabling the accelerartion from the safe mode my pc would freeze after few minutes just like in the games..

so yep that's all i hope you can help me ^^

rdc85

Honorable
How old is the game, are they support with your OS?
had u tried compability setting ?

Also are those games legit or "cracked"?
some "cracked" ones is not perfect and may had bug...
they can also had virus/malware/etc so it not advaised to run them, and we do not support for unlegit one....

HwaY

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
No its nothing like that, even minecraft with fll screen freeze my pc..

those games are legit and nope i dont have any virus, i scanned 4 times and the last time couple hours ago..

this problems happens only with full screen mode and there not much games that support windowed only few of them are..

rdc85

Honorable
Strange issue, hard to tell...
what are your spec?

there couple thing u can tries.. (it's long elimination process..)
try run the apps/games in compability mode.. (disable visual themes)
uninstall the old driver and reinstall them again...
try cleaning the case and reseat the gpu...
run basic check of temp and voltage (using hwmonitor/gpu-z/etc... with stressing apps like prime95 and kombustor/heaven)....

HwaY

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Well i got Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz

Ram 1.6 GB

OS Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Well my computer is kinda old ( i have it 8 years) its old but so far it didnt gave any trouble running games until now..

So i tried the compability, it worked but it still runs the game in windowed mode and as soon as i end the proccess of the game the pc freezes again..

already unistalled the drivers and reinstalled didnt change anything =\

cleaned the case also reseat the gpu

my gpu max temp is 55C

Cpu max temp at 33C