Question PC hard-freeze indefinitely whenever I play a game for (3-10 minutes)

Mar 21, 2019
This is entirely reproducable, any-time I play a game whether it be Counter-Strike, Rainbow 6, Apex Legends. I can play for a couple of minutes before my PC hard freezes on a still frame. More noticably in Apex Legends the sound will drown out slowly until no audio is playing before the freeze occurs, it's not always a sudden freeze but over the course of 2-5 seconds it will stutter very bad until frozen. In which I have to force-restart from the power button on my case. I use to have BSOD errors appear and had incompatible RAM up until the other day. I've since got new RAM running at 3200mhz and no longer have any BSODs at all (RAM fixed it I presume)

I have tried different SATA cords/ports
I have tried different SSDs

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU - AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
MOBO - ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard - BIOS Fully Updated
RAM - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 X 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHHz CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive - Samsung Magician states Good Health and Fully Updated
GPU - Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Mini Video Card - Currently advised to use 416.94 from the Nvidia forum
PSU - EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

I have been given some help over the past week or 2 over at the Nvidia forums. Now that the issue isn't so severe I'm looking to see some other input as well.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-hard-freezing-until-restart-multiple-bsod/1/

If you want to see a newer Speccy I'd be happy to provide.

Thank you all in advance for your time.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019
Easiest way to fix your computer

You can try this first
-----------------------------
Open (Windows)
Search for (Control panel)
Open (Power options)
On Balanced (recommended) You see Change plan settings
Then you see (Change advanced power settings)

Scroll down until you see (Processor power management) Click on it
Put (Maximum processor state) to 60%
Put (system cooling policy) to Passive
Put (minimum processor state) to 5%

If this not working try this here

Format your disc driver and reinstall whole windows

you won't have any problem anymore

Mar 21, 2019
Sorry I am new to this forum and still trying to find my way around, I have edited my Thread since deleting it didn't delete it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------