Computer is lagging when playing games

May 13, 2018
So, I recently realized the huge amount of frame drops in all games I play, and I have an average frame off 40, which is way worse than my old graphics card, which is was 1050ti 4gb, and now I have a 1060 6gb and I can't even play GTA V on low, I went into nVidia experience and optimized BF1 and it optimized to ultra but i still cant play it.

8 gb RAM
i5-7600k
asus prime Z270-A
ASUS GeForce 1060 6gb

Solution

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018
Gta V is a huge ram eating game from my experience . i have arroung 8gb of ram it uses like all of it along with like 11 gigs of pagefile as well. So i would recommend upgrading your ram with another 8gb stick or an 16gb stick ! Considering your budget.
Don't want to say this but most of the problems are caused by your ram upgrading it should solve most of your problems .

May 13, 2018

It worked just fine like two weeks ago on a higher setting...

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

If your current ram is low windows will tend to make higher amount of Pagefile in your system inorder to shift the ram eating processes over there so that it would free up ram a little bit . Also 4gb ram is too less for 2018 and Even 8gb is considered bare minimum now so will surely recommend upgrading your ram . ALso u can view the amount of pagefile by doing WIN+R then type dxdiag and hit ok there u will see total pagefile in your system ..

May 13, 2018

Ops i wrote wrong on my ram, i have two 4 GB sticks, sorry

jatin3489

Commendable
May 5, 2018

Hy
no problem . this actually explans that you are good on ram . so the shuttering could be possibly due to low gpu usage and more pagefile usage.
So i would like you to download Msi afterburner from :-http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html
and after installing it make sure to turn on monitoring by going through your settings under monitoring tab and tell me your gpu and cpu usage along with thier temperatures and fan usage and ram , pagefile usage as well .
Update me when u get the result

Solution