Question Computer is posting, but will not display to my monitor.

reaganbfrazier

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
So, I bought a new processor and some new ram to put inside of my PC, I've previously put in a processor and know how to do it so I figured it would be pretty easy. Once everything was done I booted, everything turned on but there was a problem, no display. I waited a while and it still didn't post and so I figured it was probably the HDMI cable and oh well who cares, I can buy a new one. I bought a new one, and plugged it in and it was the same thing , booted all my external rgb lights that were connected to my PC worked my keyboard and mouse light up, my graphics cards fans are on (RX 580) and everything is spinning. I already removed the processor and stuck the old one back in, cleared the bios, unplugged the ram I put in and reseated the ram I previously had in. So confused.

reaganbfrazier

Honorable
Aug 17, 2017
The 450W PSU can't handle the rx580. Try to remove the rx580, use onboard iGPU to boot the PC. You should be able to boot without the rx580.
Also, on top of the fact that a lot of people have been fine with a 450w psu with the rx580, all the fans on it soon and act as if the card is working... Not saying your wrong, just weird how everything seems to be working

Nov 20, 2019
I’m new so basically i really want a Oculus rift but the requirements are i4590 Intel i5 and 8gb ram and a good graphics like amd Radeon geoforce or geater but do I really need a graphics card? and Is a OptiPlex 980 enough ? what graphics card will fit in the optiplex 980 ? is it possible to change a intel proccesor in a optiplex? like can i put a i5 4590 in a optiplex 980? and dose the optiplex 980 have a hdmi and usb ports?