Computer is rapidly and progressively getting worse at everything, help?

Beepzor

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Alright, first of all I'd like to apologize for my bad English and lack of computational knowledge, aswell as thank you all in advance for Reading this.

I've had my computer for about two years, the specs I have are.

Intel Core i5 3570k 3.40 GHz
MSI : Z77A-S03 (MS-7752)
DDR3 16GB Vengeance thingy.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
2TB HDD
Windows 8 (not 8.1)

So, I'll write down the issues then.
It all began in the middle of December 2015, when I first experienced minor network glitches in my games, I frequently lost Connection to servers I played on whilst the other computers in the household work just fine. I searched the net and I was told to download a VPN (I know what it is) but according to some lads on a forum, the VPN would remove these "bugs" and allow me to play, I downloaded the VPN (a trial version), I Think it was called spotflux or something.

First of all, it didnt even work (as in, the VPN itself couldnt connect to its own server), second, it only worsened my network problems so I had to uninstall it, however, it didnt fix anything.

So I was told I'd have to update my windows, which I did, I enabled automated updating and installed all the latest updates, but this only messed my computer up further, then I couldnt even start some softwares, I couldnt load up websites and my browser couldnt gain Connection to anything.

What bothered me most was, this only happened every now and then, it wasnt a constant flow of issues, it's like, say you're playing a game, after 20 minutes, you're disconnected and can't do anything for a whole hour, or till I restart my computer which will grant me ANOTHER 20 minutes to play.

The problem started with my games, then it spread to my browser, now today, I had enough as it spread to my Skype, because now I can't recieve nor make any calls with skype anymore, and teamviewer constantly freezes when I try to connect.

I was told to type in some netsh int ip reset commands into the CMD box as administrator, (keep in mind, it was MANY commands) ones that would flush my DNS (I have no idea what that is) to ones that would require me to restart my computer so it can download the latest network drivers.

Eventually my Java and Flash started failing, as now I can't even use some websites (even if I have Connection for a brief moment). Connecting to this website was a pain in the butt as I couldnt click on anything, it's as if the website becomes an image, you can't click on anything at all, I couldnt type into this box, and I had the same issue on all my goddamn browsers.

It came to the Point where I tried doing a system restore to 18th december, and I performed a disk fragment thingy aswell as a Deep virus scan, I have avast premier.

I've been told that the issue can be due to avast but I doubt it, or is there a possibility of it being due to avast? I read on other forums that even if it'd be avast, it has corrupted my kernel files which means the issue will persist.

I just, don't know what to do anymore, the computer has become LITERALLY useless as I can't do anything, It's not that it's slower, it's just all the softwares and network stuff failing.

Solution

You will only need to reinstall software, which is probably the root cause anyway. The software files will remain and so will your files (as long as you pick "keep files" option), but the actual software installations won't be there.

Given your comment, you are probably not capable of fixing the issue any other way without giving yourself a virus and making everything worse.

Beepzor

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
1. Uninstalled Avast and restarted comp, issue still exists.
2. Said corrupt files have been detected in the system and its unable to repair/fix the issue.
3. Will I lose everything on my computer if i reinstall windows?

Any more suggestions?

You will only need to reinstall software, which is probably the root cause anyway. The software files will remain and so will your files (as long as you pick "keep files" option), but the actual software installations won't be there.

Given your comment, you are probably not capable of fixing the issue any other way without giving yourself a virus and making everything worse.

Solution