Question Computer is running but my peripherals won't work ?

Oct 4, 2020
Hi everybody!

So yesterday I was browsing Facebook when all of a sudden my PC switched off and when I switched it back on the fans would spin, but there is no power to the peripherals/display. I had a faulty PSU back in November last year and got that replaced with a new Corsair CV450 and for the most part my PC hasn't given me any issues, every few weeks it just wouldn't switch on, no fans running... nothing, and then I would leave it unplugged for a day or two and it would be fine again.

So I am aware that it is most likely the motherboard, but is there any reason why my fans are spinning but there is no power to my peripherals/ display? And is there any way I can fix this at home?

I'm not sure if this is of any relevance, but I live in a extremely humid area of South Africa next to the beach and somethings, like the screws on the MOBO are rusted. I've done everything I can to reduce the humidity (dehumidifier etc), but it's just one of those things. Could the climate here be a cause of my problems as well?

My PC specs are as follows:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
Asus Prime a320m-k motherboard
1 x 8 GB HyperX Fury 2666mhz RAM
XFX RX 570 4GB
Corsair CV450 PSU

Let me know if there are any details I have left out!

Thanks in advance!

:)

Oct 4, 2020
What was the PSU prior to the one you'd replaced? FYI, your entire system is underpowered since with an RX570, you're looking at a 550W reliably PSU needed by the entire system, more would help with in having headroom and subsequent delay in another PSU purchase.

It was an old Huntkey LW-6550HG 550W

Last edited: