[SOLVED] Computer is SUPER SLOW after installing new GPU.

Dec 6, 2019
Just bought the GTX 1060 6gb & installed it with the Nvidia GeForce Experience driver. The computer takes a lot longer in basic things like opening chrome, loading videos, loading video games. I did manage to get to Fortnite but the FPS dropped from 130 to 20 / 5 fps which causes my screen to freeze. I’ve tried cleaning up my computer, reinstalling the Geforce Experience, uninstalling games i don’t play. I don’t know what else to do.

MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-D3H
Processor: AMD A10-7700K APU
Old Motherboard Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
New GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
Power Supply: Smart 700W

Solution
#1 - 4 GB of RAM is really going to slow you down in gaming (well, everything really). Should be running at least 8, and many gamers are going to at least 16.
#2 - It looks like you system is reserving at least 512 MB of RAM for your onboard GPU. Since you have so little RAM, you definitely want to go into the BIOS and get that back since you are no longer using onboard graphics.
#3 - What DRIVE do you have? not DRIVER. Do you have a hard drive, SSD, etc?
#1 - 4 GB of RAM is really going to slow you down in gaming (well, everything really). Should be running at least 8, and many gamers are going to at least 16.
#2 - It looks like you system is reserving at least 512 MB of RAM for your onboard GPU. Since you have so little RAM, you definitely want to go into the BIOS and get that back since you are no longer using onboard graphics.

Reactions: Aaranga
Solution
Dec 6, 2019
I have a Hard Disk Drive. I will look into upgrading to 16gb of ram

TRENDING THREADS