Computer is turning on weirdly

trinityquinn99

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
I got my computer half a year ago, and until recently it had been working perfectly, however after my Monitor died I was forced to turn my computer off with the power button and after that it just stopped working properly. Firstly it turns on by showing me the Asus black screen with text under to press either Del or F2 to open BIOS, if I do press it it just stops working completely, if I don't it turns on normally, if I try to restart the computer through start menu it doesn't boot, just shows me the black screen and then I again have to turn it off through the power button, unplug all of the periphery wait a couple of minutes and then it turns on through the same process.

Solution
thanks for that. just wanted to know ur hardware specs. your last forced shutdown may have corrupted windows in some way. maybe it was in a middle of a update.

and it looks like your power state/session whatever is not acting normally. we can try disabling fast startup.
press winkey+s. type "control panel". power. choose what power buttons do. change settings that are currently available. uncheck turn on fast startup. restart.

also disable Fast Boot in your BIOS.

try to boot it up. and restart again. see if stuff works normally.

you can also do a system integrity check. press winkey+s. type "cmd". press ctrl+shift+enter. type "sfc /scannow".

trinityquinn99

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

UserBenchmarks: Game 25%, Desk 46%, Work 26%
CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 - 53.8%
GPU: AMD RX 550 - 22.1%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB - 95.9%
RAM: Kingston 99U5471-037.A00LF 1x8GB - 28.3%
MBD: Asus H81M-R
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6747440

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
thanks for that. just wanted to know ur hardware specs. your last forced shutdown may have corrupted windows in some way. maybe it was in a middle of a update.

and it looks like your power state/session whatever is not acting normally. we can try disabling fast startup.
press winkey+s. type "control panel". power. choose what power buttons do. change settings that are currently available. uncheck turn on fast startup. restart.

also disable Fast Boot in your BIOS.

try to boot it up. and restart again. see if stuff works normally.

you can also do a system integrity check. press winkey+s. type "cmd". press ctrl+shift+enter. type "sfc /scannow".

Solution